Friday, 8 December 2006

rain makes it green

whilst I am sitting at the computer and talking on the phone today the rain is swelling the ground and growing that lush greeness out there.
I am already having a good day. After playing a bit of phone tag I got to speak to Lorraine from R-30, 'comedy for those who would rather have a nice lie down'. They are now confirmed for Sat 24th Feb. Another night I am looking forward to. Details and pictures will be on the website soon. I also had a chat with Artis who wants to put a blackboard music event on in the sand dunes. He is chasing the right permissions and logistics. I will hear back from him on Sat and will post any news.
I just got a phone call from Lewis Scott who had read an article in the Capital Times about Paekakariki's fringe. I was a bit suprised because I didn't know we had an article in it. He said I should speak to Apirana Taylor and Lynsey Rabbitt about a performance poetry gig with him. So I just did and they are going to look at the dates. So there you go.

1 comment:

Harvey Molloy said...

Hi Jess--great idea to have a blog about the fringe. I'm looking forward to reading poetry at the fringe. I've linked to both the Fringe site and your blog over on my own blog--let's hope the weather is better in Feb!